Subject: Status pt II
To: None <port-x86_64@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-x86_64
Date: 03/10/2003 17:30:55
If you read source-changes, you'll have noticed that I rearranged a lot
of code, and made MP work. Therefore, I wanted to do another snapshot,
but I had some trouble making a bootable CD image (it would be recognized
as bootable on an i386 machine, not on my x86_64, and the boot floppies
asked for a 3rd one to be inserted, which is wrong).

Unfortunately, I do not have any more time this week to create a
snapshot; it'll have to wait until next week.

I did, however, upload 2 new kernels to ftp.netbsd.org. In
pub/NetBSD/misc/fvdl/x86_64 you'll find two kernels,
netbsd-GENERIC.gz and netbsd-GENERIC.MP.gz.

So, you can install using the old .iso image, and then use one of
the newer kernels.

todo:
	* make gdb work
	* try to find a problem in binutils that makes the linking
	  of kernels natively fail (works with an i386 binary)
	* improve the cpu identification code a bit.
	* track down a few problems with XFree 4.3.0; an older
	  problem seems to have come back again (glxgears crashing
	  the server)

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com