Port-x68k archive

Re: X11R7 Xserver for x68k

>>> [...]
>> On this kind of hardware it's probably better to leave all that
>> hw/xfree86 goop out and have a small monolithic xserver.
> Time to port sunview

Or scrap all the XFree86 horrors and go back to good old MIT X.  If the
framebuffer is memory-mappable and you can figure out a way to get
input keystrokes and mouse events, the rest is pretty easy.  Under
X11R4p3, I've built ddx layers for at least two previously-unsupported
Sun framebuffers; under some X11R4, for 2bpp "black" NeXT hardware.
Unless something is unusually funky about the hardware I'd expect 68k
to be similarly easy.  Given nothing else competing for my time and an
example of the hardware, I'd expect it to take me a couple of days.

Mind you, that's `easy' from the point of view of someone who's been
playing with X since the days of X11R3.  But you people are smart; even
if you have to do all the learning at once, I can't imagine it would
take more than a week or two.

\ / Ribbon Campaign