Port-x68k archive

Re: dhcpcd support in sysinst

On 4 November 2012 06:35, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently x68k sysinst in install floppies doesn't include DHCP support.
> The attached patch adds it, but it requires a bit larger ramdisk size.
>
> I think nowadays DHCP is almost mandatory (especially for XM6i users)
> and there is few possbile users who will try NetBSD/x68k on 4MB machines.
>
> Any comments/objections?

I think that makes perfect sense.

For easy install on lower memory machines one options might be to have
the kernel use a compressed miniroot directly from a floppy or other
device. Would limit the compressed filesystem size to a floppy disk,
but that should be enough.

Actually, it would probably help somewhat to have a compressed in
memory filesystem for the current setup :)