Re: VAXstation 3100/30 KA420 SCSI DMA problem on netboot (and fix)

On 2/18/24 09:17, Ken Wellsch wrote:
    If anyone is stuck on this, I can try to dig out one of my M76
machines and get it running.  Let me know.

Ok, if you can try netboot (via mopd(8) etc.) on your M76,
  http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/netboot/intro.vax.html
could you try to boot the following debug kernel to check a
region around KA420_STC_MODE?

Unfortunately the ethernet media switch is broken on my M76.  I am sure
Dave is much better set to carry on both disk and ethernet boots.

Maybe, maybe not. ;) I have to find one of my two m76 machines (there are over a thousand computers here), check one out, and try to power it up. Neither of these has seen power since the late 1990s. So while I'm more than happy to try to help, this may take some time.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA