Re: VAXstation 3100/30 KA420 SCSI DMA problem on netboot (and fix)

> Hm, interesting bug :-)

Indeed :-)

> So on KA420 the whole 128k DMA memory is enabled by the firmware if
> booted from a SCSI disk, but not from network?

Yes, I've confirmed reading KA420_STC_MODE shows (by kernel printfs)
0x01 on DKA0 (sd0) boot but 0x00 on ESA0 (le0) boot.

> I do not have any docs for either of the 3100's, but if it works for you
> on real hardware it sounds correct.  So go ahead!
>
> About the /m76, no idea.  We leave it for now until someone with that
> hardware can test if it is needed.

Ok, I'll commit the fix and send a pullup request for netbsd-10 and -9.

> Thanks for searching for this!

No problem, thanks for your quick review.
---
Izumi Tsutsui