Re: Diskless MicroVAX II boot crash in simh current

> > boot -s
> Trying BOOTP
> Using IP address: 10.9.10.24
> myip:  (10.9.10.24)
> root addr=10.9.10.192 path=/Data/Code/vax/NetBSD-10.0_RC1/rasterloop-10.0_RC1
> stray interrupt: vector 0x18, ipl 31
> stray interrupt: vector 0x18, ipl 31
> stray interrupt: vector 0x18, ipl 31

Vector 0x18 is, to quote the VARM,

        18     reserved operand                       fault or abort  0

Either the kernel loaded is corrupt or simh fails to correctly
implement some relevant instruction; I don't see any other
alternatives.

> Any suggestions?  Since my real KA630 boots fine with this config,
> should I follow-up with the simh team?

I'm hardly authoritative, but I'd be inclined to say yes; if software
behaves differently on the real thing and the emulation, it obviously
is an imperfect emulation.  (This can be a feature rather than a bug,
such as the various idle-loop hacks emulators do, or the way emulation
can sometimes be faster than the real thing.  I have trouble seeing the
symptom you give as such a case.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign