Re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

On 2023-12-27 09:25, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 02:16:00AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Started building on my 4000/90. I haven't seen it at all. However, ntpd is
not managing to sync at all. Time is moving back and forth all the time in a
way that looks broken. But over all, it is keeping time very well, even
though ntp is not syncing.

On my 4000/96 ntpd syncs fine and keeps everything sane over long time and
also while loaded.

Are you sure it is synced? I haven't even seen how I could see that with ntpq. I had to enable ntpdc to get more information, and there I can see that it isn't syncing.
How are you telling that it is syncing?

  Johnny