Re: KA630: how does console I/O actually work?

> Are you sure it is supposed to be edge triggered?

No.  I did not record why I did that; to tbe best of my current memory,
I implemented simple level-triggered interrupts, with DONE&IE as the
interrupt condition, and it didn't work right.  (Note that, unless I've
totally misread the code, simh does the equivalent of edge-triggered as
well.)

> Tried to find some docs, but the KA630 manual I found don't
> explicitly say one thing or the other.  Could you point to where
> assumptions about edge interrupts exist in the code, or are defined
> in some doc?

No, because I don't have any such.  I would have been delighted to have
found anything that precise about the SLU interrupt hardware.  I've had
to experiment and see what works.  That's why I'm asking after someone
who knows enough to give a precise enough description to write an
emulator to.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign