Re: Clock Error

> > It probably is a crazy thought, but I am curious whether you have enabled
> > a network device and have it active or not.
>
> Yes, networking is on, and I'm usually telnetting in to the simulated VAX
> running NetBSD.
>
> You do not have networking on the simulated machine?

No.  I have tested creating a tun network device and that works, but I
was not able to find a way to successfully run SIMH as non-root doing so.

Other than running ntpdate, I really don't need the network.  So, for
the build I am running, the XQ device is disabled in SIMH.

I have telnet via dz/simh enabled - that is using networking to the host
machine and talking to SIMH that is then emulating a serial connection
via a DZ port on the running VAX OS image. :)

I have been doing the build from the console interface rather than a telnet
session as I wasn't sure whether SIMH is also emulating the DZ port baud
rate too.  The console does not appear to be doing so anyway.
Also I don't have any packages installed, so no screen to cover my
behind if I were to loose the telnet session during the long build...

I mentioned emulating networking as I have a vague recollection that DEC
really wants your network card as close the the CPU as possible. That
makes me wonder, to what length is the NetBSD network device driver going
to avoid missing an interrupt etc if in fact the DEQNA is that "delicate."