re: Issues with native build of -10 on VAX

Kalvis Duckmanton writes:
> Hi all,
>
> A quick update
>
> On 13/12/23 13:47, Kalvis Duckmanton wrote:
> > For what it's worth, my invocation of 'build.sh build' finished
> > yesterday without errors, I'm running 'build.sh release' at the moment.
>
> 'build.sh release' has finished without errors. I've upgraded a test
> SIMH instance using the result and the instance boots without any
> surprises. The tests in /usr/tests have been run and these have all passed.

my simh with -current has completed tools/gcc with a host built
with your latest change (cross compiled so far).  that's where
it used to fail for me, and -O1 was needed for 5 files in the
host's compiler to avoid it.

Kalvis, how about you commit this new change as-is to gcc.old?
(feel free to contact me if you have questions here..)

then we can get it pulled up to -10 and -10 will be perfect. ;)

thanks!

.mrg.