Re: Can't build pkgtools/digest

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 12:52:43PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> There have been substantial improvements to the VAC backend in more recent versions of gcc which were funded by the community.
>
> Try to use gcc 11 or newer.

While that is true, the gcc 10.5 (but locally patched) version in the
netbsd-10 branch is *way* better than upstream gcc 11 or newer. It is the
only working recent gcc out there for vax.

In -current we will switch to gcc 12 very soon and apply equivalent fixes
to that version, but it will happen basically as one of the last
architectures to switch over, as some of the changes theoretically may
cause regressions for other architectures.

Looking forward for all those changes being integrated upstream...

Martin