Re: NetBSD/vax 512MB support

On 2023-05-30 13:59, David Brownlee wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2023 at 08:40, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost> wrote:

On Tue, 2023-05-30 00:49:29 +0100, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
I've run up test builds of netbsd-10, -9 and -8 with Ragge's patches
to support 512MB vaxen.

They are in the appropriate subdirs of https://sync.absd.org/vax/

Gosh! When I saw the Subject line, it stroke me: Are there patches
outstanding? As I am running SIMH-VAX with 512 MB for "quite some
time" by now.  Checked: No local patches applied. :)

If anyone would care to test (you can just grab a kernel, or the whole
distribution, as preferred), I'll get pullups sent so the official
NetBSD branches for -10, 9 and 8 will include the fixes

Thanks again to Ragge for the changes :)

I'd try to give it a run, but generally, I'm usually running the
"HEAD", "master", "trunk" or "current" versions.  And the 512 MB fix
was already applied for current.

That's fine, the changes are all in (and will remain in) trunk (unless
someone comes up with a further way to have NetBSD support VAXen with
2GB of mapped memory :-p)

I don't think we support the newer NVAX page table format, so that would be quite some work... :-)

  Johnny