Re: NetBSD in SIMH vax with 512 MB RAM

> Paul Koning suggested we ask Bob Supnik, and he explained it.

What, actually ask someone who _knows_?  Heavens, what will the world
be coming to next?!

:-)

> Actually, you were right about the ASTLVL.  And it's the same with
> P1LR<31>.  And it's in VARM, but I didn't even think about it.

> If you look in chapter 6 or VARM, it contains the process context
> block.  And in there, those bits are actually used.  The ones in P0LR
> are for the ASTLVL, while the bit in P1LR is for performance monitor
> enable.  [...ease of implementation...]

And, indeed, I clearly read that stuff; my ldpctx implementation pulls
apart the P0LR and P1LR PCB slots appropriately.  It apparently has
been too long since I looked at it!

> Mystery solved. :-)
> Thanks to Paul for suggesting I ask Bob, and thanks to Bob for
> explaining it.

And thanks to you for posting the explanation here.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign