Re: NetBSD in SIMH vax with 512 MB RAM

On 2023-03-07 19:59, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
Hi Johnny!

On Tue, 2023-03-07 18:23:05 +0100, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
With NetBSD I have had problems even with less than 512M, but the exact mode
of failure might vary. But something goes wrong when there is too much
memory. 128M works fine. I seem to remember that I've never even got 256M to
boot with any version.

I'm not a long-term NetBSD user, but ever since, the 256 MB
configuration did work for me out of the box with no issues.

There was something that I remember not working right with 256M. But that something was (I think) MSCP controllers not getting things right.

Not sure what kind of machine, with what kind of controllers you are testing with.

Anyway, I can try that one again if needed.

  Johnny