Re: Anyone with a QDSS equipped machine

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 at 16:38, Josh Moyer <jmoyer%nodomain.net@localhost> wrote:

> Although I can't confirm that it's a QDSS, IIUC, my uVAX2k has built-in mono
> video.  It exhibits the same behavior with 9.x kernels, so I filed
> "port-vax/56340: KA410 support broken since 4.x-ish".

Aha, so definitely good news / bad news!

The uVAX 2000 is similar to the uVAX II, but different enough that it
_could_ be a different issue, though worth some investigation either
way.

You mention "Since a little after 4.0.1", could I ask:
- would you know offhand what the last version to boot on your uVAX
2000 would be
- ,whether a boot file from that version can load a more recent kernel
- how much memory is in your box
- are you easily able to switch to a serial port and confirm the
behaviour is the same

(I'm currently just (hopefully!) finishing off an Xorg 1.20
NetBSD/alpha build, but I'd like to have a little poke at this next :)

Thanks

David