Re: Race in MSCP (ra/rx) driver

> [...], and I would have expected MSCP to essentially not require any
> delays between request and completion.

I think MSCP does not require any delays - I don't recall anything in
the doc that requires any, at least.

Poor code, on the other hand, can, in that it can fail to interoperate
with a peer that does not meet its timing expectations.

Paul Koning made a very good point, which I hadn't thought of: even if
the device is realistically slow, an interrupt from something else at
the right (or wrong, depending on your point of view) time can steal
enough cycles for the device to win the race I outlined anyway.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign