Problems netbooting

Hi all, I wonder if anybody has some insight into my problem:

I am trying to netboot a MicroVax II with a DEQNA.  I have installed mopboot on a SuSe linux machine, set eth0 to allmulti, and mopboot reports that it is seeing the request packet from the MVII: The MVII is wokring OK since it can book a floppy with NetBSD (albeit v1.4!)

mopd: not running as daemon, -d given.
MOP DL 8:0:2b:4:fd:7     > ab:0:0:1:0:0      len   22 code 08 RPR  (08:00:2b:04:fd:07  is my MVII)

In /tftpboot/mop I put the boot loader from here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.0/vax/installation/netboot/boot

But using wireshark, the only thing I can see on the network, filtered by the MVII's mac address, is a packet with all bytes aa in the payload, addressed from aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa to the MVII.

Reading the manual, I see mopd is looking for " a.out(5) format. If not, a couple of Digital's formats are checked."

but the boot file is an ELF file.

Does anybody know if elf is one of the DEC formats acceptable to mopd?

thanks in advance,

Nigel

--
Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!