Re: DEC 2000 model 300 memory

I have a DEC2000 AXP that I owuld love to get NetBSD on, but irght now
it comes up with a bad memory SIMM.

Does anybody know where I can get any at other than ebay prices?

According to Wikipedia:

The 128-bit memory subsystem supports 16 to 128 MB of memory. Standard 36-bit, 70 nanosecond SIMMs with longword parity protection are used to populate eight SIMM slots, which are organised in two banks of four slots each. The DEC 2000 AXP supports two memory options, a 16 MB (4 x 4 MB SIMMs) and a 64 MB (4 x 16 MB SIMMs) memory kit.

This seems to suggest that standard 36 bit, 72 pin SIMMs would work.

You can also ask at port-alpha@

John