Re: KA410 Boot Failure With TKZ-50

> Reno or dot something or other

4.4-Reno is not NetBSD 1.anything.  I _think_ Reno came before all
NetBSD versions, but I wasn't involved with it that far back, and I
don't recall what I've read of the history in enough detail.  But I
_think_ Reno was ancestral to 4.4-Lite, and I _think_ NetBSD was
derived from 4.4-Lite (via the Jolitzes' work).  But I could easily be
wrong about either or both of those.

> It's probably the SCSI layer.  Do I implement TMSCP(sp?)

TMSCP is not SCSI.  TMSCP is the tuned-for-tapes version of MSCP, DEC's
Mass Storage Control Protocol.  MSCP is a protocol run between hosts
and disks; TMSCP is an adaptation of it designed for tapes.

Given the questions you were asking, I would say it is highly unlikely
you will need to implement TMSCP.  The only cases I can see where you
have a need to implement TMSCP are (1) building an emulator of some
sort, (2) writing host code to speak to DEC tapes, or (3) building a
glue layer, such as a board that speaks TMSCP to the host and SCSI to a
drive.  It does not strike me as likely that you would be taking on any
of those while still having occasion to ask what you were asking.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign