Von: Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost>
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Juni 2020 10:18
An: Josh Moyer <jmoyer%nodomain.net@localhost>; port-vax%netbsd.org@localhost
Betreff: Re: KA410 Boot Failure

On 2020-06-13 17:55, Josh Moyer wrote:
> Hi Port-VAX!
> I have a MicroVAX 2000 (14MB and ROM rev 2.3.)  I have been running
> NetBSD
> 3.1.1 via NFS because I previously only had 6MB of RAM.  However, now
> that I have upgraded my RAM and ROM I find that I am still getting
> crashes with the current bootloader from 9.0 (via MOP.)  I had thought
> it was because I had so little RAM, but no more.  I am anxious and
> excited to get this machine online with NetBSD 9, but am disappointed
> that boot is still crashing.  Can anyone provide conformation that this works or does not?
>
> Also, I took several stabs at creating bootable tapes, but ran into
> problems there, too.
>
> Any input appreciated.

First of all, in which way does it crash? And where?

Second, are you running totally diskless, or is it just that you have some extra disk added over NFS?

If you can netboot it, doing an install over the network would be the obvious easy way to install. I wonder if anyone have looked at tapes in a long time...

On a sidenote, the current boot crashes for me on my 4000/90. But I'm keeping a slightly older version around, which works fine.

   Johnny