Re: NetBSD/vax

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 08:49:01AM -0400, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> > Do you have a KA42 with SCSI disk running?  In that case:
> >
> > 1) verify that a -current install kernel crashes
> > 2) recompile a new kernel with the same options, but patch applied.
> > 3) testboot it (don't have to be from CD).
>
> The kernel compiles OK on the NetBSD 9.0? With CURRENT or STABLE?

The patch is pretty obvious correct (and needed), and I doubt there
are any changes in -current.

You can get test binaries easily from:

for current:
	https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/
for stable:
	https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/

(both would be interesting to test but very likely will crash the same as 9.0)

If you need a kernel or install ISO (or whatever) for testing with the patch,
let me know. If you can compile it yourself, that is fine too of course.

Martin