Re: gcc issues.

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 08:42:19AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Well, it's the version NetBSD builds and includes. And it is then obviously
> also the version trying to be built.
>
> I'm sortof hesitant trying to get some other version, since it would
> probably be complex to bootstrap it, and I haven't looked at that.

I've been trying to run NetBSD 8.1 on a MicroVAX3900 in SIMH and while the
base OS works fine, trying to build stuff from pkgsrc was an exercise in
frustration as gcc (the version NetBSD ships with) kept blowing up with
internal compiler errors. Things like Perl, Python, etc were reliably
impossible to build.

Kind regards,
            Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison