Re: Moving VAX into 21 century :-)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Chris Hanson wrote:

> I’d naïvely expect NetBSD to use the standard calling conventions for an
> architecture (if such a thing exists) as part of interoperating with
> other code written for that architecture.

 Oh, it happens all the time that new ABIs are defined for a given CPU
architecture as circumstances change or lessons are learnt from past
mistakes, and they can all coexist in a single running system if required,
as the so called multilibs.  Otherwise we'd be stuck with wrong solutions
forever.

  Maciej