Re: Moving VAX into 21 century :-)

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 02:07:06PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Doesn't GCC already support this?  I have a fairly strong recollection of a -m switch for this existing in
> GCC in the early 1990s.

3.18.51 VAX Options
-------------------

These `-m' options are defined for the VAX:

`-munix'
     Do not output certain jump instructions (`aobleq' and so on) that
     the Unix assembler for the VAX cannot handle across long ranges.

`-mgnu'
     Do output those jump instructions, on the assumption that the GNU
     assembler is being used.

`-mg'
     Output code for G-format floating-point numbers instead of
     D-format.

You may be confusing it with -mgnu ?

Martin