Re: de(4)?

On 12/11/2018 12:00, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <20181112005942.GA910%SDF.ORG@localhost>,  <coypu%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:
so, while discussing drivers that likely should have been deleted long
ago, de(4) came up. tlp(4) should be replacing it. but vax still uses
de(4). what's that about?
IIRC there were too many tlp(4) variants and the ones handled by de(4)
were never completely tested.

As a data point, I use de(4) on FreeBSD 10.x to MOP boot my Vaxen.

Unfortunately de(4) will be deprecated in FBSD12.x and removed in
FBSD13.x :(

I mentioned that when the time comes I'll be switching to NetBSD.

Please keep the de(4) driver for VAX.

-andyf