Re: NetBSD/vax - worth continuing?

On 2016-09-20 18:24, Paul Koning wrote:

On Sep 20, 2016, at 12:12 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:

It's known that there are problems with gcc, gnats gives some hints
about that.
Unfortunately I cannot spend time to jump into gcc for debugging also...

Me neither. Especially since I have found gcc to be almost impenetrable in the past.

GCC isn't all that bad if you're just looking at the back ends, especially for straightforward machines and instruction sets such as VAX.

So why is it that we haven't had a working gcc for VAX for maybe 10 years?

	Johnny