Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On 2016-06-29 16:13, Greg Stark wrote:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
Believe it or not, but awk was doing exactly that - a log(0), which would
cause a silent NaN on other machines.

Hm. When was this as I'm building 6.1.5 it could actually predate that
fix. However I don't see anything like that in CVS after 6.1.5.

I can't find the information right now, but if I remember right, I wrote a fix that avoided the problem in libc, but someone else argued that this was really a bug with awk, and went on to fix it there instead. (And I hope I'm not misremembering, and that it was groff, but I think it was awk. The groff problems where that groff itself could not be compiled natively).

But I can't remember exactly when we dealt with it. :-/

But your further digging here suggest that it's not related anyway...

	Johnny