Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On 2016-06-27 20:48, Greg Stark wrote:
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:
It could be useful, as it takes forever to build 'em. :-)
That said, we should probably do it on a more current version than 6.1.5 for
this.

We cannot as gcc doesn't work on 7+.

It's not working that well on 6 either... There are traps happening for some stuff in the compiler with that version too, unless I remember wrong.
Cross compiles are just fine, but native ones have had problems for years.

Did you clean out the directory in between? Otherwise a retry will not do
that file again, as you will end up with an empty .o file, which make
considers as valid, and it will move on to the next file.

Well the awk core dumps were presumably during the configure stage so
that should be ok. Even if they were during a make rule then it would
depend on how the rule was written.

Yes. And the way the make rules are written, or used to, anyway, is so that a retry will move on to the next file. We've had it this in sys/ for years, and seem to remember that it's also the case for pkgsrc/

(I've used it often enough on VAXen to know this for a fact... :-) )

	Johnny