Re: Patches to fix optimizer bug & C++ exceptions for GCC VAX backend

Hi Jake!

On Mon, 2016-03-28 16:34:56 -0700, Jake Hamby <jehamby420%me.com@localhost> wrote:
> Amazingly enough, my patch worked well enough that my NetBSD VAX
> kernel built with GCC 5.3 is no longer crashing. I feel pretty good
> about what I have so far so here's the complete diff for both the
> C++ exception fix and the bad condition codes optimizer bug. It
> should be good enough to check into NetBSD current, at least, and I
> believe it does fix most, if not all, of the bad code generation
> bugs with optimization on VAX.

I'd like to suggest to also Cc Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>, at
least once the patch is tested with GCC trunk/HEAD/master, instead of
5.3.  There isn't probably much of a difference, but you've done
substancial and important work here, so let's see it's applicable to
upstream GCC.

  And keep in mind that a ChangeLog entry is also needed.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:           Ich hatte in letzter Zeit ein bißchen viel Realitycheck.