Re: KA48 / VAXstation VLC cache question

While putting some test code in sys/arch/vax/vax/ka48.c, though, I see that
the 6K of cache is never enabled. Wow! So that's why these machines are so
pokey with NetBSD!

Maybe everyone thought it's normal for those machines to be that slow
and never noticed. :)
Can you tell if ka660_cache_enable() looks correct, as you mention the
KA660 (being SOC, too)? Test this code instead?

That code causes a panic, like other things I've tried, on the first write of 1 to BEHR (Bank Enable/Hit Miss Register). Reading that location (0x20150800) causes a panic, too. This is after confirming that the CCR changes from 16 (decimal) to 17, meaning it is in diagnostic mode. I suppose that the cache isn't memory mapped in the VLC.

I'm confused...

John