Re: [chd%chdickman.com@localhost: QVSS driver and kernel autoconf]

Hello,

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:24:25 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Could you please have a look (at least at the genfb part)?

> I want to have genfb attach to qvfb. When wscons is attached qv using
> code from smg, the display is 128 x 57 characters and is pretty small.
> I was hoping that genfb would give more options.

It does. Just use a bigger font - rasops will pick whichever gets
closest to 80x25 characters on the available framebuffer.
Example:
options 	FONT_GALLANT12x22
There's plenty more in sys/dev/wsfont/files.wsfont

If you want something else than 80x25, that can be changed as well:
options 	RASOPS_DEFAULT_WIDTH = 100
options 	RASOPS_DEFAULT_HEIGHT = 30

Note: this will do absolutely nothing unless there are fonts built into
the kernel to choose from.

have fun
Michael