Re: VS3100M76 - current

Holm Tiffe wrote:

> > Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > > Well, it happens when you newfs, doesn't it?  newfs uses mmap, and here
> > > are some funny parts since the 5380 only do DMA to a private area of DMA
> > > RAM where the data gets copied to/from.
> > >
> > > // Ragge
> >
> > Not only newfs. Tar has paniced the system also while extracting the
> > base.tgz (...gzip is used..).
> > Do you mean that the DMA Buffer from the NCR driver overlaps an Area that
> > mmap has given to newfs?
> >

> > I have now the -current from David running on the M28, no not right, but
> > the install system. I've mounted some directory from my FreeBSD WS and the
> > M38 is extracting flawlessly the binary sets over nfs.
> > It isn't a direct comparsion, but last time I've tried this on the M76 on
> > to the disk tar paniced the system.
> > The M38 hs 24MB RAM the M76 only 16MB but the errors are similar
> > (disklabel, newfs, tar). All have todo with disk activity.
> > So in my opinion the cpu (Rigel or CVAX) is irrelevant here.
> >
> > I've found a posting from 2002 on the Net:
> >
> > http://osdir.com/ml/os.netbsd.ports.vax/2002-10/msg00053.html
> >
> > I would try this. Does someone know where I can get an 1.5.2 iso image
> > for vax from?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Holm
> > --
>

> Another Panic while trying to copy some files from the mfs to /dev/sd0a on
> the M38 running current from the cdrom:
>
> # mkdir var
> mkdir: var: File exists
> # mkdir sbin
> # cd sbin
> # cp /sbin/* .
> start = 1, len = 4095, fs = /mnt
> offset=1166 1166
> cg 0
> panic: ffs_alloccg: map corrupted
>
> dump to dev 23,1 not possible
>
> ?06 HLT INST
>     PC = 8003BE99
> >>>

> Regards,
> Holm

I've booted Daves -current diskless on the M38 and tried to install on the
local disk. The result ist always the same:

 We now have your BSD-disklabel partitions as:
 This is your last chance to change them.

    Start  MB   End  MB  Size  MB FS type    Newfs Mount Mount point
    -------uid 0, pid 6, command sysinst, on /: file system full

/: write failed, file system is full
pid 6 (sysinst): user write of 115108@0x7f61f000 at 178520 failed: 28
[1]   Segmentation fault      sysinst
# .profile        etc             mnt2            sysinstmsgs.de
targetroot
bin             kern            sbin            sysinstmsgs.es  tmp
boot            libexec         sysinst         sysinstmsgs.fr  usr
dev             mnt             sysinst.core    sysinstmsgs.pl  var
# /dev/md0a on / type ffs (local)
#

So, now I nees some ideas. What should I try next?

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741