Re: Stupid VA layout question

On 09/15/2013 11:03 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
Hey folks,

can someone please explain why the MAXTSIZ on vax is 0x800000? Is this
a relict of pre-topdown memory layout?

I have a binary I can't exec due to that limit (and am looking for the easiest
workaround).
MAXTSIZ is just the largest size the text may have, it is not related to any other allocations or tables.

I cannot think of any implications (other than that an user may cause the system to swap even more) of increasing it, so it would be safe to do that.

-- Ragge