Re: disklabel MAXPARTITIONS reversal (was: installboot is broken)

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 07:37:32PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I may have done something wrong, but it does not work.

Thanks to Mark this is now solved. For the archives: we can not move the
param block, as the offset (used by the uVax ROM) is in the same place
as the first instruction executed when booting from VMB.EXE. The current
offset disassembles as a CASEL instruction and falls through to the next
code part.

So I threw away the "dynamic" part of the changes and now have a version that
seems to boot everywhere (with 12 partitions).

I've still got to deal with compat for a few ioctls that encode the
size of struct disklabel and then will clean up and commit.

Martin