Re: Userland emulator

>>> Note that DEC added virtualization support to the VAX architecture
>>> already back in -87 :-)
>>> Would be an interesting task to get NetBSD make use of it.
>> Which real VAXen have support for it?
> None, as far as I know.  It was defined in VARM, but never
> implemented.  (But I might be wrong.)

I'm very tempted to do my reinvent-the-wheel thing again and extend my
emulator to emulate the rest of the architecture too - and then maybe
do the virtualization stuff.  I know I had a KA630 emulator-in-progress
because I dealt with the "execute out of the prefetch buffer" issue in
it.  I'm not sure what's happened to that code....

That, however, is going to have to wait until I have a substantial
chunk of spare time, which isn't happening for at least a month or two
and quite likely longer.

\ / Ribbon Campaign