[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: NetBSD6.0.1 approximated build time on a VS4000/90?
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:18:50 +0100
Holm Tiffe <holm%freibergnet.de@localhost> wrote:
> I've compiling the source on my VS4000/90 with 128MB RAM currently in
> single user mode (net booted).
> How long would it take?
See item 9. At least for the entire world. A kernel should get through
in less then a day. ;-)
TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A VAX GEEK
Brian Chase, bdc%world.std.com@localhost
05 Oct 1997
Key traits identifying individuals tendencies towards abnormal
preoccupation with VAX computer systems
9. When talking about building software you make reference to
compilation times in weeks and days instead of minutes and seconds.
8. You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that
your computers work just as well.
7. Your electricity bill is more than your monthly rent payment.
6. You've been hospitalized with muscle strain injuries after
performing some routine hardware maintenance on your computer.
5. You don't have an SO, but it's okay because your computer keeps
you warm at night.
4. While doing laundry, you occassionaly have a mental lapse and try to
wash your socks and underwear in your 11/750.
3. Friends who visit you want to know why there are old-time movie reels
stuck on your refridgerator(s).
2. Your house is pleasantly warm in the dead of winter, even with the air
conditioning turned all the way up.
1. The lights in your home dim or flicker when you reboot.
0. It doesn't matter to you if someone else's computer is faster because
you know your system could smash theirs flat if it fell over on it.
And always remember, no matter what anyone else says. Bigger *IS*
Main Index |
Thread Index |