Netbooting a VS4000/90

I'm currently installing 6.0.1 on my VS4000/90 but I have problems to
mop-boot that VS4000.
The boot is functioning every 10-20th try, in all other cases I get
an Halt (don't have the correct console error message handy, will
update here later).

I'm booting from the same FreeBSD Host as the rtVAX, used 5 different
ethernet Tranceivers and the rtVAX is booting at every try without
problems.

After I have successfully booted the VS4000 over the network, I have no
problems using the network, e.g. ftp from netbsd.org downloading
distribution files is working, even the nfs has no problems.

What is happening here?
Is this a known behavior?

Regards,

Holm