Problem booting 6.0 CD

I tried to install NetBSD 6.0 on my VAXstation 4000 model 60 today, and the
boot fails trying to load the kernel.

>>> b dka400
-DKA400
>> NetBSD/vax boot [1.11] <<
>> Press any key to abort autoboot 0
getdisklabel: no disk label
nfs_open: must mount first.
open netbsd.vax: No such file or directory
> boot netbsd
getdisklabel: no disk label
nfs_open: must mount first.
3107160+139828lseek symbols: invalid file offset
netbsd: boot failed: invalid file offset

I haven't tried this in an emulator, and this unit runs VMS 7.3 without
reporting obvious errors, and will start the NetBSD 5.1.2 install until it gets
a machine check while extracting the base tar file.  I know there is some bad
memory that gets marked bad by the PROM, as VMS reports about 28 out of the 32
MB is good.  I'm just checking to see if there is a problem with the kernel on
the CD image to see if I can proceed with the install while waiting to get some
good memory to install.