Re: VAXStation console cable

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 01:36:45PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> I've just acquired a VAXStation 4000/90a (yum) and now find myself in
> the market for a serial console cable, ideally to connect to PC9.
> IIRC I could get an RJ11 cable, cut off the connector and wire the
> other end to a plug, but does anyone have any other
> suggestions/suppliers? :)

It is not RJ11 but MJ11, IIRC.
I was able to find a MJ11<->MJ11 cable on ebay and cut it in two halfes, then
added DB9 and connected to a usb<->serial thing.

There is a switch on the front (hidden behind a small door) that you need
to set for serial console. Do you have a frame buffer installed? You can
use the same cables/keyboards as early alphas for those.

Martin