Re: Using simh anyone?

On 02/26/2012 08:37 PM, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
Is anyone using simh (heavily) for vax hacking?

I have tried to use simh-vax on both 32 and 64-bit Ubuntu, but the
simulator crashes as soon
as the qe adapter is used more heavily, somewhere deep in the emulator
routines.

Anyone got some experience to share?

I run NetBSD/vax (5.x) under simh on my corporate Windows 7 laptop.  I
only hacked the kernel a bit to use SPL 1 for idle since that's what
simh uses to detect idle for NetBSD.

   I'm very much interested in learning more about that patch, if you
have a moment.

Must be this one

  I will give that a try.  Thank you!

           -Dave