Re: infinity and beyond

>>>     double x = INFINITY;
>> I think it's a defensible proposition that it _should_ break on the
>> VAX, because VAX floating point does not have [infinities]
> I think it should compile, otherwise we are not going to be able to
> build libm/complex/cproj*.c.

Well, I haven't looked at the code.  But perhaps it's the libm code
that really needs fixing here?  If it tries to use infinities, I think
someone needs to give it a good hard look to see if it's going to work
on the VAX at all, for any definition of INFINITY.

Of course, you may have already done that, but you don't say anything
that clearly indicates so to me.

\ / Ribbon Campaign