Re: Boot from non zero LUN?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, John Klos wrote:

Just curious - does anyone know how I might boot from a SCSI device with a non-zero LUN? I got a SCSI card adapter which shows different slots as different LUNs:

  What does show device display at the ROM prompt?

I can't recall off the top of my head the format for disk devices (I know the DECstation [mips] is different). I know that at least one of the alpha and vax uses DKctxx, where 'c' represents the controller ('A', 'B', etc) and 't' represents the target. One of the following 2 digits should represent the LUN, so it would be something like DKA0 for target 0 lun 0, maybe DKA1 for target 0 lun 1, DKA100 for target 1 lun 0, and maybe DKA101 for target 1 lun 1.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant