Fun with VLC

Hi, all,

I just wanted to share my experiences with a donated VLC. I put netbsd-5 built from 21-August-2011 on a 64 gig SSD on the SCSI bus and have been running it ever since. It's stable, happy, slow as all heck, but such a visceral example of tangible VAX hardware. I know a rack full of cards on a real backplane is closer to a real VAX, but this hardware is much more touchable than even my 4000/60 or 4000/90 systems (perhaps because of how much of the CPU / motherboard is obscured by the CD carrier, the video card and the memory).

It took four days to CVS the source tree. Damn! But all in all it's a fun little machine.

John Klos