Re: VAXstation 4000/90 help

 Is the memory compatable with the 4000/60?  [I've never actually tried.]

Yes. The kits are the same part number from Digital, and a few other places mention that they're compatible, too. Some model or another requires sets of four, and the 4000/60 only requires sets, but I tried a bank of four of the same size just in case.

If you have a keyboard and monitor, does the graphics console show anything? That could at least verify that everything other than the serial port is working.

Nah. I have to buy one of those IBM 3W (whatever that's called - I forgot) to BNC cables. Apparently two of the colors are switched, but who cares?

I don't even know what the specs on the keyboard are...

John