Re: SIMH CPU-idleing support

On 11/19/10, you wrote:
Instead of whacking idle loop to look again like somthing that simh
heuristic can detect, may be we can invent an "idle" instruction,
that is side-effect free on real hw, but which simh can detect and
treat as a request to sleep until next interrupt?

  Hmm yes, perhaps a "SIMH_IDLE" kernel option that "cheats" a bit by
somehow notifying simh that it's going idle?  I for one would appreciate
something like that.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire