Re: newfs seems stuck in loop

On Sun 02 May 2010 at 11:29:21 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I should have mentioned that there was already another 2 GB disk in the
> machine, which I installed with 2.0F or similar vintage, and the
> partitioning is very similar, and then I must have been able to newfs
> it. I wanted to test a fresh install on the "new" disk.

I'm trying in SIMH now (V3.8-1, a minor version higher than in pkgsrc,
but the maintainer hasn't updated it despite my mail to remind them)
but it doesn't want to see my 2100MB file as that size; instead it
thinks this:

RQ, address=20001468-2000146B*, no vector, 4 units
  RQ0, 1505MB, attached to netbsd599.dsk, write enabled, RA92
  RQ1, 681MB, attached to vaxcd.iso, read only, read only, RRD40

I'm trying the new command "set -l rq0 rauser=4300800" which I found in
the user manual but it doesn't seem to work. Autosizing seems to work
for RLx disks, but their maximum size is too small.

Anyway, in the emulator, even with the too small disk, newfs has no
problems initializing a partition of about 1300 MB...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.