Re: Can't mount root

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 09:43:53PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
<> But the real problem: it hangs completely after trying to mount root:

> boot device: ze0
> root on md0a dumps on md0b
> root file system type: ffs
>
> and that's it.

I verified a netbsd-5 install kernel boots just fine. So -current is broken.
Can anyone boot -current?

> If I send a break it drops to the bootmonitor. Same happens
> for the custom kernel with root on NFS (and DDB configured). I expected
> break to drop to DDB somehow, and of course mounting / to work ;-)

I managed to read ddb(4) and found esc-shift-d. It does not break into ddb
when the machine hangs, but (as I said before) sending a break works.

Martin