Re: Serial console on second port?

arcarlini%iee.org@localhost wrote:
port-vax-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
I have a Vax Station 4000 M96 and would like to use it with
serial console. It apparently has two serial ports, one MMJ
and another one for the printer with a DB25 connector.

The DB25 connector is for a printer, but I think you
can log in over it (it is a proper serial port iirc).
Although I do have a 4K90 sitting right here, I don't
use the DB25 port, so I could be wrong.

No, you are right on that, Antinio. But it can't be used as the serial console. It's just a software issue with the OS. For NetBSD it's just a serial port. I suspect VMS don't have a problem with setting it up for loggin in either, but I haven't tried.

P.S.: there seems to be no "console mode switch" to select
keyboard or console on this machine (like on the M60) - is it
hidden somewhere or should I expect it to just work?

I didn't see this answered (maybe I missed it). The switch is
at the front, bottom right, flip down panel.

I didn't know if the 4K96 was the same as a 4K90 (which is all I have), so I didn't dare answer. But your answer implies that they are the same. :-)

        Johnny