NetBSD-5 unusable under high load

hi,

i'm using netbsd-5 from yesterday (netbsd-daily 200901210000Z) on my
VS4000/90 and noticed, that the computer becomes unresponsive under high
load. I'm compiling the kernel right now and couldn't do anything else
on the vax. Even console input is not possible. The same thing happens,
if someone logs in with ssh. Maybe there is a scheduling issue?

another thing: xclock dumps core (illegal instruction), gdb leads me to
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
The function call is FcFontSetSortDestroy.