Re: netbsd on vax 11/730; booting in sim

On Jan 7, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Brad Parker wrote:
I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear about
11/730 support :-)

  I am!  I think this is fantastic news.

Anyway, turns out my nfs root was broken; I unpacked the stock 2.0.2 vax binaries and things started working better (I discovered /sbin/init was
getting traps... oops).

Below is some output; Now that 2.0.3 is working I'll try the latest and
make a patch set.  I found that 2.0.3 boots quicker in sim than 1.6ZL.
It will be interesting to see how 4.0 does...

I also found that when init makes an mfs /dev it runs out of inodes.
Any idea how to fix that?  It's not fatal.

Next I'll try less memory and real hardware!

  Woohoo!

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire